The Back Story.

Hola!!

I have been obsessed with travel since I was in elementary school and decided that my only goal in life was to travel and see the world. Arthur Frommer's  'Europe on $5 a day" became my bible and went with me everywhere.  I read that more than my school textbooks!  I remember biking to the local travel agency and they would give me all of their old brochures which I happily took home and cut and pasted all over my bedroom walls.  From the age of 13, I woke and went to sleep gazing at the sun setting over the white hillside villas of Greece, dreamt of being part of one of the beautiful couples strolling thru the streets of Rome or relaxing on a plaid blanket with a book looking up at the Eiffel Tower surrounded by lovely girls, wearing crisp black pants and berets, rode bright red bikes nearby. Think Audrey Hepburn!  Immediately after high school I went to an technical college and received my Travel Consultant certificate.  I was so excited to start my new career that I went and received a job before I even finished.  I didn't know, until I basically came out of my skin when telling my instructor about my exciting news, that it was automatic graduation! I finished the class to get the class photo with my classmates on Friday and started my new job the following Monday.  I had been coming in after work to learn on the old Northwest Airlines computer (think the size of a green mini car on your desk) and was ready to go.  That was 30 years ago. Since then I have traveled to over 40 countries and adding more every year. Last year alone was 6 new countries!!   I worked as a flight attendant, love designing jewelry, ran the international department of amazing specialized dental product company and reorganized and manage my husband's dental practice. Oh and I'm starting a new business in the midst of all this!

After my husband and I went to Barcelona last year, my 4th and his first, we chose Spain to buy rental property as an investment. We love the country, the people, the food, the wine and  especially the Estepona area in Malaga as it's one of the top most visited areas in the world. It has every single requirement on our checklist, plus some!  It's a 3-bedroom townhouse in a private gated community in a brand new development. It has the newer amenities such as central air and heat, an underground 2 car private garage and not only does it have 2 full bathrooms, there is a powder room on the main floor. No need to fly up the stairs after every few glasses of wine!! Central to everything you would need for a beautiful vacation, the townhome has a large terrace looking out towards the sea, mountains and golf course (discounts for guests).   Walk down the steps to the pool or drive no more than 5-15 minutes to get to the beach, the port, restaurants, and shops (everything from a Pharmacy to Jimmy Choo!)  There is a bike/running/walking path that runs along the Mediterranean, from Estepona to Marbella so you can exercise to a beautiful view and take advantage of temperate weather pretty much year round as it really doesn't go lower than 50 degrees.

So, again, welcome!  I will share the  process of how to begin, where to begin, questions to ask, how to make a checklist and will this be a cash purchase or part of your retirement portfolio. Yes there is a difference, much, much more later on this part.   I will also add some fun fashion, travel tips, interior design, my love of my family and my fur babies and other exciting odds and ends.  Feel free to ask questions. I will answer the best I can and as I was in travel (ie: research) for over 25 years, if it pertains to the topics on hand, I will research and help you.   All I request is that comments or queries be polite, respectful and on topic.  

Oh, and did I mention that I just had major surgery the end of December with my 6 week post op appointment 2 days before my flight to go back to Spain to pick out appliances and do the walk thru?

Cheers!
Karen




Comments

Popular Posts